Thursday, November 19, 2009

Should my IP line profile be higher?

It's 2 weeks since my BT opt 3 was activated and I have seen no increase in my download speeds .--Todays bt Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.


IP profile for your line is - 2000 kbps


DSL connection rate: 288 kbps(UP-STREAM) 2272 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)


Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1824 kbps


Should my line profile be more than 2000kbps, bt support suggests that my cp usage is too high (fluctuating between 5-75) and I shoul add extra ram or remove some programmes. Would this improve my download speed or do I have a stuck profile. Thanks.

Should my IP line profile be higher?
Your download speed if fantastic!!! Look to the local machine as the bottleneck!


No comments:

Post a Comment