Monday, November 16, 2009

Can I copy Domain Profile in to local profile?

can I copy Domain Profile in to local profile without login into a domain. My problem is I delete the domain mistakenly. now I can not log back in using the same user(domain user). So I created a local user and I want to copy everything from domain user. unfortunately I can not see domain user from user account in control panel. any solution to this prolem?


your help muchly appreciated....

Can I copy Domain Profile in to local profile?
When you unregister the computer from the domain -


Firstly only an administrator can do that, secondly if you have Domain controller password you can re-register it back to the domain..





But if you just want to copy the profile ,just copy the important stuff rest would simply take up space.





You have to first login as local administrator


or change the local user account from restricted user to computer Administrator.





Folders to Backup..





Desktop Folder, C:\document and settings\%26lt;username%26gt;\





My documents Folder C:\document and settings\%26lt;username%26gt;\





and





Outlook Folder C:\document and settings\%26lt;username%26gt;\local settings\application data\microsoft\








Regds.


Floyd.


No comments:

Post a Comment