Monday, November 16, 2009

How can I get my secondary profile to display only my nickname?

II have mutiple profiles I use within one IM Session. My main profile displays my nickname correctly; however my secondary profile displays my full name. How can I get my secondary profile to display only my nickname? I just upgraded to the latest version of 8.0 when this started happening.

How can I get my secondary profile to display only my nickname?
When our site was researching this problem we found that when you put a nickname on the "My Contact Details" Main Yahoo ID... this nickname was used for every profile, main and sub.





After further research, the problem my lie with Yahoo! Messenger 8.1 as it was tested with 8.0 and 8.1. 8.0 is still showing the nickname that is placed on the Main Yahoo ID on all names, main and sub.





The solution for your dilemma is to change your name in your Account Information. At the top of Yahoo! Answers (or any page after logging in), click on My Account. Sign into the page. Go down to the Address/Contact Information section and click on Edit. Change your name in this section. Both First and Last name must be filled in, they have an asterick ( * ) but you can fill them in with anything you want to, i.e. your nicknamein first name and a dot in the last name field, etc. Hopefully this will take care of your name showing in your profile IDs.





We will continue researching this problem and update our Editing My Contact Details page on our site


http://www.chatauthority.com/changename
Reply:Sign in with your second profile and click on Messenger and then on My Contact Details. Put in your nickname and save it.


No comments:

Post a Comment