Thursday, November 19, 2009

Antibiotic/Bacteria Profile?

Can some very kind person pls provide me with a mini profile on practicial antibiotics and bacteria profiles?


Eg- All I know is like:


Staph = Flucoxacillin


Strep = Amoxicillin


UTI = Trimethoprim


etc... (I know the above is a gross over simplication)


Generally - I just want to be able to think of the correct antibiotic for correct condition off the top of my head.


Its a big ask, and help would be appreciated.


(ps- I know I should study micro to understand it all, and I am, its just I need some practical stuff to go with while I am getting my head around the basics.


Thanks

Antibiotic/Bacteria Profile?
Not easy to have a simple guide.





It is easier to learn the common infections, learn the most common causative organisms and then learn the antibiotics.


You will remember better that way





there are many strains of bacteria and many resistance patterns.





unless you are going for a medical microbiology exam..why bother? . it is not easy at all to remember...really...

shark teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment