Monday, April 12, 2010

Why can I not see someone's profile if they've added or messaged me?

Facebook says "When you contact someone through a poke, message, or friend request, Facebook lets that person see part of your profile temporarily, even if your privacy and network settings would usually prevent him or her from seeing your profile."





Well I've had people add me before, and message me, and if I click their name, I just get the search result, with a small picture, and sometimes a link to their friends. I don't see the limited profile type thing you're meant to.





It's odd because I was on my friend's account at his house a while back, and I was able to view the profile of this guy who added him before accepting him. The same guy added me, and all I got was that search result. Same story when someone messaged me just now.

Why can I not see someone's profile if they've added or messaged me?
They probably changed the settings so that only their friends or people in their network could view their profile.


No comments:

Post a Comment