Friday, April 16, 2010

Biophysical profile???

Okay so I'm 36 1/2 weeks pregnant.. I was originally seeing my gyno through my pregnancy and then she referred me to an obst. So I had one visit with him last week.. He sent me for a BPP (biophysical profile) I asked him why and he didn't really give me an answer.. When I asked my gyno why she was referring me to someone else she also didn't really give me an answer.. I feel like I'm getting the run around by everyone.. I know my amniotic fluid is "average or slightly below" but both dr's have reassured me that they're not concerned at all.. So why would he send me for a BPP if there was no cause for concern??? Anyone else been dealing with a lack of straight up answers from their doctors? This is my first child that I've delieved so it's all new.. I do have 3 other children, however one is a step daughter and 2 are foster children, so i've never had to deal with all the "pregnancy" bits before!! Please help! I'm starting to stress lol!

Biophysical profile???
Demand answers!!! I had the opposite problem with my first pregnancy--too much fluid. My doctor called me in for an earlier appointment during my 8th month and when I asked why, he wouldn't tell me. When I went for that appointment, he STILL didn't want to tell me why he was referring me to a perinatologist. I demanded answers and, in the end, I was so unhappy with his lack of communication that I switched providers at 36 weeks. They explained everything and my baby was born early due to complications at 37 weeks.





That being said, the doctor may have sent you to an ob because gynecologists traditionally don't deliver babies.





As for a BPP, I had one when I changed providers because with all my extra fluid, they were afraid I would go into labor early and they wanted to make sure the baby would be ok without any intervention to help develop her lungs. Did your new doctor see something that would indicate that you may go into labor soon?





I'm sure everything is fine;however, you have the right to know why they are doing things to you. Demand that they tell you.


No comments:

Post a Comment